Sunday 28 July 2013

Loch Ness Marathon

Hi folks,

Just a quick post about my latest project... A marathon.  Over the last few months, I have been working hard to get in shape and be able to run for a bus without running out of breath. So after completing the Insanity program (possibly the hardest workout I have ever tried) I heard that my brother was training for the Loch Ness Marathon on September 29th. So I joined him in the 12 week training program to work up to marathon pace.

So far, we have completed a half marathon in 1:40 (avg pace - 8 min/mile) which we were really happy with. During this time, we were researching into raising money for charity and found that out of a massive amount of fantastic charities, we chose to raise money for Diabetes UK. This is a great charity campaigning to raise awareness and provide support to over 3 million people suffering with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.

This charity is a great cause, and if anyone out there would like to find out more, please visit our JustGiving page here. Please donate as much or as little as you want. Any support will be hugely appreciated. Here is my fundraising poster, if you like, please share.



Thats all for now.
More info to follow in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment