Friday 26 October 2012

An intro

Hi, I'm Mike Struthers and I am a student studying TV production at Edinburgh College. I'm now in my second year and its a much more challenging course than last year. This year there is one massive project (Graded Unit) which consists of Major Project (which will be a ten minute short film, either factual or non factual), a showreel, and any further promotional material that would be of use to a potential employer... Tough gig.

My strategy plan:

  • To come up with a film idea
  • To write a decent script
  • Incorporate all my skills that I would use in my desired job 
  • Collate a series of my best shots into a Show Reel 
  • Produce a Website that will host everything all in the one place
  • Regularly update social networks with my professional activity
  • Produce a strong CV and Cover letter to send out to all employees that might employ me.
As I write this post, I am researching cool VFX shots that I could learn to do and incorporate into a short film next year.

As for the writing of a script part... I would ideally like to employ a writer to help me create a script and decent story.

In the mean time, there is a potential work experience opportunity with '20/20' Productions based in Edinburgh. Over this weekend I will have drafted my second draft of my CV and completed a Covering Letter to show when the meeting takes place on Monday afternoon.

Well that's the plan for now...

Cheers
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment