Sunday 28 October 2012

Next Step: VFX

A quick update on my recent activity:

I have spoke to a writer about the scriptwriting part of my Major Project, I have sent him an email with all the details about my film I have so far. I will meet with the writer on Monday to discuss the film further.

I have made a major decision with the VFX side of my film: to cut out the third dimension. After a lot of research into 3D modelling, particle systems, rendering for After Effects and Compositing, I found that applying 3D models into my composites would be too time consuming and complex to complete within the time constraints. I have made a compromise to use the excellent 3D functionality of After Effects and Photoshop.

I have spent yesterday compositing a meteor flying through the air in After Effect, using a particle system plugin called Trapcode Particular. The entire composite took around 3 hours including rendering, which gave me an insight into how much time it would take to create a shot similar to this for my final project.

Plan for next week:

  • Finish Post Production for the Green Screen Shoot filmed recently.
  • Produce a test reel from the Green Screen Shoot to add to my collection of material.
  • Produce an estimated budget for both VFX tests and Green Screen Shoot.
Well that's the plan...

Until next time

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment