Friday 22 March 2013

Major project week

Hi folks

The time has come where my major projects principal photography to commence. So far the filming has been going very well. Here is an update on each day:

Day 1: The day started with the  disorganisation of equipment booking... I realised I did not have enough equipment booked out to make the shoot possible, so I checked my equipment checklist which allowed me to add the correct equipment.

Once myself and the crew made it to the location, I confirmed the booking with the apartment and met the actors.

The shoot went very well due to the actors being very easy to work with and very quick at getting into character... the argument scene we filmed looked like they were furious with each other!

As I checked off each shot on my shotlist, I noted down some notes about each take and what my comments were (very useful for the editing part of the process).

Day 2 - this day was very interesting and had situations come up which I will account for in my next production:

- scheduling time for makeup - on my shooting schedule, I only allowed time for filming, so when my actor sat in the makeup chair, we were running about 30 minutes late. However, this wasn't a problem as we had the room for enough time to cover this.

- organising a room for makeup- this problem was solved by using an empty editing booth which was a suitable size to get makeup done.

Once all these problems were solved, we sorted out a really cool lighting setup which was fun to play around with gels with different colour temperatures.

When shooting began, it only took around an hour as only two short scenes had to be filmed.

Day 3 - this day we were filming at Easter road at a friends flat. Everyone arrived at the location, found parking and got ready for the shoot ok. I had arranged 2 scenes to he filmed- scene 6 (Chris's last video diary) and scene 7 (where Chris discovers Amy with another man).

I had scheduled for make up for all three actors, shoot all scenes in the flat, shoot scene 6 and leave but about half one...the problem was. Makeup took longer as detailed prophetic were being applied which took time. In addition filming took longer than I expected. So lesson learned. Try to factor in more time into the day to allow for tasks to be completed in a realistic time frame.

Overall filming went well for all three days, however I would have benefited from a camera operator to allow me to concentrate on controlling the shoot rather than doing two jobs.

As from now, post production has started. More posts to follow about this.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment