Friday 15 February 2013

Google Maps

Hi folks,

I watched a cool tutorial from Andrew Kramer on videoccopilot.net. This tutorial was about an Earth zoom using high quality satellite images from a provider like Google Maps. So I thought that this idea would be interesting to use a similar effect in my films opening sequence (Animation Unit). When I started looking into obtaining images from Google Maps, I found that the images are Royalty Free and can be used in an Online video, on the condition that each image is correctly attributed. So I have obtained some 'screen grabs' ready for working with in After Effects. This effect will be good to practice with anyway, even if the shot doesn't work for the project.

Here's the link for Google Maps Licensing Agreement: Licensing Agreement for Online Video.

That's all for the now.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment