Monday 11 February 2013

Week Plan 11/02/2013 and GU2 update

Hi folks.

My major project is coming together nicely, just need to keep on top of the paperwork. At the moment, scene breakdowns and storyboarding is taking place and should be completed by the end of this week. To make things easier, I have linked my script with my storyboard so that every line of dialogue and action is accounted for. Over the rest of the week, I plan to include a technical breakdown for each scene which will lead to me working out an accurate shooting schedule for the three days of filming.

On another note, my animation unit is halfway to a rough cut, I have scouted out some timelapse footage of Edinburgh which would be useful in establishing my location for the film. So I have been in contact with the person who shot the footage and has allowed me to use it. I am setting a personal deadline to complete this Unit by the end of February. This deadline will allow me to focus all my attention on the other things I am being assessed on.

Technical decisions: I have decided to use Premiere Pro CS6 to edit my major project, show reel and any other projects I take on this year as I find it works very well with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite. In addition, I have located an excellent plug in for After Effects called Knoll Light Factory, this plugin generates realistic lens flares and lighting effects which will give a more professional look to my film and is a no brainer to use in my film.

Now as usual, the week plan:

  • Complete Storyboarding with rough shooting schedule which can be moved on to the camera operator to look at and add any ideas.
  • Keep in constant contact with the actors to make sure everything is going smoothly.
  • Design a rough look for my website to be sent to my web developer to look at.
  • Start the search for foley sounds, backing tracks and atmospheric noises.
That's it for the now.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment