Friday 9 November 2012

Client work

Hi folks.
Todays post is about work experience. I have recently been part of a crew filming a brass band concert. The main role I assigned myself was to be the editor. I spoke to a member of the band after the concert and he asked for a dvd and a version of the concert to be played on their website. So post production work has begun and I have used this workflow:

- down convert all full HD footage into SD quicktime files (to be used as proxies)
- edit the program on Adobe Premier Pro (syncing all video tracks to the master audio)
- when the edit is complete, I will replace the standard def proxies with the full HD versions.
- then add colour correction
- to finish off, author a dvd with a dvd menu on Adobe Encore.

I enjoyed the concert. Was quite surprised how modern and jazzy it was.
Here's hoping everything goes well...
The finished product will be linked to my website and vimeo channel as soon as it is complete.

More posts soon
Cheers
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment