Saturday 3 November 2012

Pre Production Pitch

Hello again.

As in my previous post, I have a presentation to show to my lecturers. The pitch will include all the methods I intend to use to promote myself and become more employable to the Post Production world. So, I have began work on a presentation using 'Prezi' Presenting software. If you haven't checked it out, its really cool http://prezi.com/index/.

When I began thinking about ways to promote myself, I thought of the following things:

  • A Showreel: Containing all my best bits of work in a short video at a length of 1 min 30s to 2 mins. The thing is... I don't have enough content, yet. So I have began organising side projects with my colleagues to get more material to put into a Showreel. 
  • Major Project: As in my previous posts, I am working on a disaster movie set in Edinburgh. This film will be completed in May next year and (if I think it's good enough) submit it to a film festival. 
  • A Vimeo channel: I have just created a vimeo account to publish my work to. Honestly,I don't know how I haven't got an account before. It's really useful for finding other creatives who are doing the same thing (see the competition). So I will be posting all of my work, side projects, shot breakdowns on this page. 
  • CV: I have been adding and updating my CV constantly to make it better in order to make myself more employable. I am looking for work experience in all areas of the country to try and get more experience in the creative industries. 
  • And finally, a website: This will be linking all the above together in one convenient place. It will have an embedded video box on the site which will be linked to my Vimeo channel (which will hold my Major Project ad Showreel), my CV, with cool shapes and colour schemes to make it awesome. 
This presentation will be filmed so I will possibly get a copy of the footage, so I can post this to my vimeo channel, for further self promotion.

I will have more in depth posts about each aspects of my self promotion as I start working on them. 

Until next time
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment